- Back to Committees
- 58th Parliament
- 57th Parliament57th Parliament
- Drugs and Crime Prevention
- Economic Development and Infrastructure
- Economic Development, Infrastructure and Outer Suburban/Interface Services
- Education and Training
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Law ReformLaw Reform
- Law Reform, Drugs and Crime Prevention
- Outer Suburban/Interface Services and Development
- Road Safety
- Rural and Regional
- 56th Parliament
- 54th Parliament
Inquiry into Warrant Powers and Procedures
Terms of Reference
Referred by the Governor in Council on 3 June 2003.
The Governor in Council, under section 12 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, requests that the Law Reform Committee of Parliament inquire into, consider and report to Parliament on:
- Victoria's existing warrant powers and procedures, including arrest warrants, warrants to seize property and search warrants; and
- whether the existing laws should be amended, and in what way, having particular regard to the need to promote fairness, consistency and efficiency.
The Committee is required to report to Parliament by 31 March 2004*.
*The reporting date for this Inquiry has been extended. The Committee is now required to report to Parliament by the 31 October 2005.