- Back to Committees
- 58th Parliament
- 57th Parliament57th Parliament
- Drugs and Crime Prevention
- Economic Development and Infrastructure
- Economic Development, Infrastructure and Outer Suburban/Interface Services
- Education and Training
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Law ReformLaw Reform
- Law Reform, Drugs and Crime Prevention
- Outer Suburban/Interface Services and Development
- Road Safety
- Rural and Regional
- 56th Parliament
- 54th Parliament
Review of the Members of Parliament (Register of Interests) Act 1978
Content and News
On 4 December 2008 the Legislative Assembly gave the Law Reform Committee terms of reference to conduct a review of the Members of Parliament (Register of Interests) Act 1978. The Act sets out a code of conduct for members of the Victorian Parliament. It also requires them to disclose certain financial and other interests that have the potential to conflict with their public duties, such as land and shareholdings, in a register.
The Committee tabled its Final Report for this inquiry in Parliament on 9 December 2009.
The Committee Chair, Mr Johan Scheffer MLC, issued a media release on 9 December 2009.
The Government Response to this report was tabled in Parliament on 14 April 2010.
If you have any questions relating to the review, please contact the Committee on (03) 8682 2851 or email@example.com.