- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
- 26 April 1931 (Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- 23 December 2019
- John (q.v.), and Dorothea Vera Marie Grindrod, businesswoman
Marital Status: 6 July 1955 Nancye Evelyn Williams; 2s. 1d.
- State Primary Schools, Northcote High School, Scotch College, Melbourne University, LLB 1953. Articled to John Galbally (q.v.)
Barrister and Solicitor Preston 1957-1976; Member Council Law Institute Vic. 1967-1976, Treasurer 1969-1970, Chairman 1971-1972, President 1972-1973; Member Law Council of Aust. 1973-1976; part-time member Aust. Law Reform Commission 1975-1977; Prof. Assoc. Univ. Melbourne 1991-. Member Cwealth Observers Grp to Sth African Elections 1994. Member Trust, National Tennis Centre (Rod Laver Arena) 1990-1994. Trustee, Melbourne Cricket Ground 1982-1998, 1999- . Member of Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law Academic Advisory Board 2004- . Chairman, Hume Global Village Learning Advisory Board 2004- .
- Australian Labor Party
|Legislative Assembly||Bundoora||20 March 1976||2 October 1992||Retired|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
References: Who's Who in Australia 1971-1983; Victorian Parliamentary Handbook; 'Notable Australians', Melbourne, 1978; LIJ June 1972; Age 8 Sept 1981, 30 Mar 1982; SNP 8 Sept 1981, Herald 5 Apr 1982; National Times 11 Oct 1981, 20 May 1983
Data Source: Browne, G, 'Biographical Register of the Victorian Parliament 1900-84', 1985
Last updated: 24th February 2020