SUB MAIN MENU
- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
- Former Members Association
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
Alan John Hunt
- 09 October 1927 (Peterborough, South Australia, Australia)
- 19 July 2013
- Robert H., Salvation Army and Methodist minister of religion, and Evelyn Christina Luxton
Marital Status: (1) 1951; 4s.; (2) 9 May 1964 Kathinka Forster nee Grant; 1s.
- Renmark, South Walk, St Morris State Schools, South Australia; Hawksburn and Canterbury State Schools, Mont Albert Central School, Melbourne Grammar School; Melbourne University, LLB.
Secretary National Union of Australian University Students and delegate to World University Service conference, Bombay 1950; solicitor Melbourne 1951-1954, from 1954 senior partner Frost & Hunt, Mornington, later Hunt, O'Sullivan & Daniels; before parl. president Mornington APEX and Peninsula Regional committee Spastic Children's Society 1958-1960, chairman Mornington Shire Council Rail Service Advisory committee, member Vic. committee Miss Australia Quest; member Mornington High School Council 1956-1971; honorary solicitor various local organisations. Solicitor, Deacons Melbourne 1992-97. Senior Fellow, Governance & Government Unit Monash University. Chairman, Good Governance Panel for Local Government 1998-99. Commissioner, Constitution Commission Victoria 2001-2. Board, International Diabetes Institute 1993-2001. Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of Urban Studies, Victorian Planning & Environmental Law Assoc and Royal Australian Planning Institute. Commissioners Inquiry into the Shire of Strathfieldsaye 1993. Member, Constitutional Commission 2001-2002.Honorary member, Local Government Professionals Assoc. and Institute of Municipal Management.
- Liberal and Country Party
|Legislative Council||South Eastern||15 July 1961||2 October 1992|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Who's Who in Australia 1962-1983; Victorian Parliamentary Handbook; VPSG; Moorabbin News 21 Jan 1961; Herald 21 Oct 1967, 1 Dec 1971; Age 20 Oct 1978, 18 Feb 1980, 28 Sept 1981; Aust. Municipal Journal Dec 1978-Jan 1979; Teacher's Journal 7 Aug 1979; Blazey, P., 'Bolte: A Political Biography', Brisbane, 1972.
- Twice recipient of Town & Country Planning Assoc. annual award "for notable contribution to planning" and once recipient of similar award from Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Assoc.; AM 1992.
Last updated: 28th August 2019