- Daily Calendar
- How a Law is Made
- The Parliamentary System
- The Parliament Organisation
- The Parliament Building
- People in ParliamentPeople in Parliament
- International Relations
- Historical Information
- On This Day
- Parliamentary Internship Program
- Parliamentary Library Fellowship
RE-MEMBER (FORMER MEMBERS)
Dr Francis Murphy (KB)
- unknown (Cork)
- 30 March 1891
- Francis Down and Mary, nee Morris
Religion: Church of England
Marital Status: 1840, Agnes Cruikshank Reid; 4s. 6d.
- Studied medicine at Trinity College Dublin; Member of the Royal College of Surgeons London 1835
Emigrated Sydney 1836; appointed colonial surgeon 1837; abandoned profession for farming Company Argyll; president magistrates bench, Goulburn; to Port Phillip 1847; purchased Tarawingi station near Beechworth which he sold 1852; with James Henty and others, held several properties in 1860s. Chairman Central Boad Board 1853-1856; director National Bank 1863-1873. .
|Legislative Council||Murray||11 November 1851||1 March 1853||Resigned|
|Legislative Council||Murray||1 August 1853||1 March 1856|
|Legislative Assembly||Murray Boroughs||1 November 1856||1 December 1865|
|Legislative Assembly||Grenville||1 February 1866||1 January 1871|
|Legislative Council||Eastern||1 December 1872||1 November 1876||Resigned|
*The Start date for Members elected after 1900 is the date they were elected. The start date for pre-1900 Members is the date they were sworn in.
- Inaugural Speech
- Margot Beever, 'Murphy, Sir Francis (1809â€“1891)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/murphy-sir-francis-4275/text6913, published first in hardcopy 1974, accessed online 24 May 2019.
- KB 1860
Last updated: 24th May 2019