Department of the Legislative Council
The Department of the Legislative Council provides apolitical, professional, innovative and integrated support services and information to the President, Members of the Legislative Council and other clients, in the interests of Victorians.
The business of the Department is to:
• provide procedural advice to Members;
• process legislation;
• prepare documentation required for sittings of the Legislative Council;
• prepare records of the proceedings of the Legislative Council;
• provide procedural and policy advice to parliamentary committees;
• provide administrative and research assistance, and produce draft reports for parliamentary committees;
• provide information relating to the proceedings of the Council;
• provide operational support to Members of the Legislative Council;
• promote public awareness of the role, functions and processes of the Legislative Council and the Parliament;
• co-ordinate parliamentary events, functions and special visits; and
• provide a secure, safe and healthy workplace.
- Created: Thursday, 18 March 2010 10:12
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 November 2020 14:16