Function of the Committee
The functions of the Economy and Infrastructure Standing Committee are to inquire into and report on any proposal, matter or thing concerned with agriculture, commerce, infrastructure, industry, major projects, public sector finances, transport and education.
The Economy and Infrastructure Committee may inquire into, hold public hearings, consider and report on any Bills or draft Bills referred by the Legislative Council, annual reports, estimates of expenditure or other documents laid before the Legislative Council in accordance with an Act, provided these are relevant to its functions.
Government Departments allocated for oversight:
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- Department of Transport
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Treasury and Finance
- Created: Wednesday, 22 April 2015 14:03
- Last Updated: Thursday, 21 October 2021 10:28