Function of the Committee
The Electoral Matters Committee is constituted under section 9A of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003.
The committee's functions are to inquire into, consider and report to the Parliament on any proposal, matter or thing concerned with:
- the conduct of parliamentary elections and referendums in Victoria
- the conduct of elections of Councillors under the Local Government Act 1989
- the administration of, or practices associated with, the Electoral Act 2002 and any other law relating to electoral matters.
The committee's functions are not intended to repeal, alter or vary section 94F or 94G of the Constitution Act 1975.
- Created: Friday, 02 October 2009 10:38
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 January 2015 15:02