Function of the Committee
The Integrity and Oversight Committee was established in 2019 under the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003 (Vic).
The Integrity and Oversight Committee is responsible for monitoring and reviewing the performance of the following Victorian agencies:
|Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC)||Victorian Ombudsman (VO)||Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC)||Victorian Inspectorate (VI)|
The VI exercises oversight functions with respect to a number of Victorian agencies, including IBAC, the VO and OVIC. Visit the VI’s website for more information.
As part of the Integrity and Oversight Committee’s monitoring and review of the performance of IBAC, the VO, OVIC and the VI, it can:
• examine the agencies’ reports, including annual reports
• report to Parliament in relation to the agencies’ performance of their duties and functions
• undertake inquiries into issues related to the work of the agencies and make recommendations for improvements
• review the draft annual plans and budgets of IBAC, the VO and the VI
• recommend to Parliament the appointment of an independent performance auditor and coordinate the conduct of a performance audit of IBAC, the VO and the VI at least once every four years
• receive complaints about the agencies. (Note that while the Integrity and Oversight Committee can, in limited circumstances, investigate complaints about the Information Commissioner and OVIC under the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003 (Vic), it does not have the power to investigate complaints about IBAC, the VO or the VI. It is also prohibited from reconsidering decisions, findings or recommendations made by IBAC, the VO, OVIC or the VI. For more information on complaints, consult the IOC complaint fact sheet.)
• receive, assess and investigate public interest disclosures (PIDs) about the VI or a VI officer under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 (Vic). For more information, consult the PID procedures and flow chart.
- Created: Friday, 02 October 2009 10:38
- Last Updated: Friday, 08 October 2021 16:38