Function of the Committee
The Legal and Social Issues Standing Committee is established under the Legislative Assembly Standing Orders Chapter 24 — Committees.
The committee's functions are to inquire into and report on any proposal, matter or thing connected with -
- The Department of Health and Human Services;
- The Department of Justice and Community Safety; and
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet and related agencies
The standing committee must inquire into, consider and report to the House on any proposal, matter or thing that is relevant to its functions and has been referred to the committee by resolution of the House.
The standing committee may inquire into, consider and report to the House on any annual report or other document relevant to the functions of the committee that is tabled in the House.
- Created: Wednesday, 13 March 2019 15:42
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 15 September 2020 11:37