- Questions on Notice No 6235
- Assembly59 Parliament First Session
- Asked: 13 October 2021
Question on Notice
Ms Sandell to ask the Minister for Transport Infrastructure — With regard to the proposed elevated veloway and bridge crossing over Footscray Rd at Moonee Ponds Creek Trail (Bridge 57) which is part of the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP), CPB Contractors and John Holland (CPBJH) have submitted an alternative design for consideration by the WGTP Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) which would increase the ground area which could be planted and would improve amenity both from the ground and from the bridge. The alternative design has the support of a number of local community groups:
(1) Why was the alternative design not approved.
(2) Will the Government consider the alternative proposal put forward by CPBJH; if not, why not.
(3) When does the WGTP MTIA plan to make a final decision on the design for the veloway and bridge.
(4) How will the WGTP MTIA communicate a decision on any design change processes with the community and relevant stakeholders.
(5) Does the proposed alternative design meet the project’s planning and environmental approvals.
(6) What benefits to the community and environment does the proposed ‘horseshoe’ structure design offer.
- No answer available