- Questions on Notice No 6250
- Assembly59 Parliament First Session
- Asked: 26 October 2021
Question on Notice
Mr Walsh to ask the Minister for Agriculture — With reference to timber in the Wombat Forest that was damaged in a storm in June 2021:
(1) What is the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and the Minister’s estimation of the amount of timber available for salvage harvest.
(2) When will DELWP be granted access to the forest to harvest this timber.
(3) Will DELWP complete the harvesting of this timber before the remaining Public Safety Zone order on the Wombat Forest expires on 30 November 2021.
(4) Are there any contractual arrangements and/or requests for sawmills (and other businesses) to have access to this timber; if so, what do they involve.
(5) What advice has the Minister received with specific regard to the fire risk of leaving this timber in the Wombat Forest unharvested.
(6) What level of support has been provided by Bushfire Recovery Victoria to residents of Wombat Forest that were affected by the June 2021 storm.
- No answer available