Parliamentary committee work continues during COVID-19 emergency
Victorian parliamentary committees are continuing to work on their public inquiries during the COVID-19 emergency. Submissions are being received and analysed, research is being undertaken via remote work arrangements, and public hearings are being arranged online.
Have your say
Parliamentary committee inquiries currently seeking submissions include:
- Homelessness in Victoria
- Inquiry into the Use of Cannabis in Victoria
- Increase in Victoria’s road toll
- Ecosystem decline in Victoria
Submissions can be made online by clicking on the links above.
COVID-19 response inquiry
The Public Accounts and Estimates Committee has commenced a public inquiry into the Victorian Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Public hearings will be held from 12 to 14 May and 18 to 20 May and will be live streamed. More details on the inquiry are available from the Committee’s website.
Committee public hearings
Some committees have had to delay public hearings in the interests of community safety during the COVID-19 period. Committees may conduct public hearings online in the weeks ahead. A list of hearings will be made available on this page.
More information on current inquiries
For the latest information about the status of current parliamentary committee inquiries, go to the current inquiries tab on this page. Follow the link to the webpage of the inquiry that you are interested in. On each inquiry webpage you will find copies of submissions received, transcripts of any public hearings held and details of any upcoming activities such as hearings.
- Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Committee - Alert Digest No.5 - report tabled
- Inquiry into Expanding Melbourne's Free Tram Zone - reporting date extended
- Inquiry into the Increase in Victoria’s Road Toll - reporting date extended
- Inquiry into Ecosystem Decline in Victoria - reporting date extended
- Inquiry into Air Pollution in Victoria - reporting date extended
- Inquiry into Nuclear Prohibition - reporting date extended
- Inquiry into Renewable Energy in Victoria - reporting date extended
- Inquiry into Firearms Prohibition Legislation - Government response tabled
- Inquiry into Recycling and Waste Management - Government response tabled
|Thursday, 23 April, 2020|
Report - Report on the appointment of a person to conduct the financial audit of the Victorian Auditor-General's Office
|Wednesday, 5 February, 2020|
Report - Inquiry into the Impact of Animal Rights Activism on Victorian Agriculture